According to established overstanding, a principle is a fundamental truth or proposition that serves as the foundation for a system of belief, or behavior, or for a chain of reasoning. Being some one of principle means that an accepted or professed rule of action or conduct guides ones daily worldview and colors their actions. Such a person is considered of good moral principles, with a guiding sense of the requirements and obligations of right conduct. Men of principles have a fundamental, primary, or general law or truth from which all other laws are derived. The laws are a fundamental doctrine or tenet; a distinctive ruling opinion:
Money gives life to avarice. It is for undue influence or the feelings that the influence provides….called power…. with which avarice uses money to craft its end game and purpose. Money is medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes collectively. Its the assets, property, and resources owned by someone or something. Money is a powerful drug. It can break apart relationships, cause family members to rob, kill or impoverish another. Money will make men and women sell their bodies, swell their children and even destroy their children’s future or bodies. Most people who has ever seen a drug addict, go through the motions of getting high or crashing from a high, would often agree that they have never seen anything as sad and pathetic. Yet these same people, see them in the line up at the Lottery Kiosk, winning some gambling game, being in position of large amount of money that are not there own….like an accountant, a banker or a lawyer, among others who are tasked with dispensing funds from a trust or a will.
There is an old joke and a curse that states that he who dies with the most money…wins! Its a joke because, well its a joke. Its a joke also, because you cant take it with you, thus even having a lot at the end of your life means nothing if your corporal body is unable to cash or bank all that notes on the next plain. Its a curse because the effort in accumulating excess money, the love of accumulating money so you can buy excess toys and material things to assuage your poor personality or ego, often drives you to a long life of stress or criminality. At least in the area of the world called modern civilization.
Some people say it is not money that is the root of all evil…contrary to biblical proclamations. but it is the LOVE of money! Money is what avarice uses to cement influence and power. To many in people on the planet, money is a deity, that we submit to and subjugate ourselves to in order to fill voids in our lives that can not be filled by anything else. Money supersedes sex, companionship, family, happiness, food, clothes and shelter, because more than a few folks cannot conceive of experiencing any of the above mentioned without being in possession of money. I once joked that I didn’t need a woman in my life, because with money I can buy one. While I was being an ass with some of my friends, this is a mindset of many. Money can and has in the past, bought sex, companionship, family, food, clothes and shelter and even happiness. It still is so today!
Of course some with narrow vision will state that without money, you couldn’t get food, get shelter or clothes. Those who say that have never heard of bartering, of gardening and farming or the idea of a resource based society. This is why Confucius stated that those who says it cannot be done, should get out of the way of those who are doing it. This is why governments in Canada and amurdikkka are imprisoning and fining people who attempts to live off the grid. Because they know it can be sustainable and it would eliminate in the eyes of a growing number of people, the need for money. Money, debt, depression, debt, slavery, debt, unhappiness, money, crime, materialism, covetousness….money.
In my Rod Serling Voice…imagine living in a world where money is not god! No fiat currency to tie mans hands to the hamster wheel of indentured servitude. A world where your happiness or unhappiness is not predicated on they buying and selling of things and ideas. Where greed and the need to possess is not the defining principle that dries relationships between people. A world where things and ideas are given freely in order to build cooperation and unit among all manner of men. Where time and place intersect with common sense and survival in a world quickly dying from the exploitation of natural resources and the very life blood that makes this planet a living organic entity. You are now entering …the avarice free zone! Zone where men of principles overlay their society with the rule of cooperation, respect and a powerful desire to ensure that every man’s needs are met without having to deny another his own wants and needs.
When the savages came screaming out of the hills of the caucuses, raining down death and destruction on the planet, he too believed in certain principles. His principles though are predicated on how much he could take with out giving back. His principles though are and still is based on survival through attrition, instead of survival through adaptation. The peculiar mindset to of the cave savage is unique only in its level of intensity and its overwhelming force as it crashes against most societies that operated on the principles of sharing. With in many of those societies, be not fooled to think that avarice was an unknown quantity. They too had people who suffered from this affliction. Yet built into those societies were modes of control that would regulate any deviation from the core beliefs and principles of cooperation and sharing. With the invasion of the savages, though avarice becomes a chilling and addictive drug that drives the weak into becoming strong solely through belief that doing unto others BEFORE they do on to you, is the only way to live.
Today principles may yet drive individuals, but gone are the days when such also drove societies. Not in an ever smaller world where avarice is now considered a normal path to personal achievement. These are just basic principles that we can live with as individuals , that can also guide our group dynamics. Such basic tenants or principles, can kick start ones own personal journey into a balanced existence. They can yet be things of influence to others, because a life lived with principles, is a life well worth emulating.
Principles to live by:
- Know that we live in a world of abundance. There are unlimited wealth and unlimited opportunities for everyone. So don’t worry about whether you can succeed in something just focus on how to succeed in it.
- Action is a necessary part of success. Right action is called being proactive, Wrong action is called being reactive. Knowing the difference is quiet instructive.
- Life is about choices. You can choose to give in or give up. or you can choose not to. You always have an option to create everything you want, and more. You must believe this is so.
- Your beliefs affect your life more than you think they do. If you want to have the best life experience you can ever have, create empowering beliefs. Half the things you say are usually more to do with your internal beliefs and issues than to do with other people.
- The Attachment you have to limiting beliefs are that which causes anguish in the long run. Know that nothing is permanent in this world. Don’t mourn over the loss of something. Be happy that it happened. Remember what you own always owns you. one cannot look back and look forward at the same time.
- Loss causes Anger. And anger is the most volatile form of emotion you can ever burden yourself with. Every bit of anger you hold on to damages your soul. Whenever you feel angry, remember that the person you are hurting is yourself. Anger too is an attachment. What you own, owns you!
- Whenever you point a finger in blame at someone else, there are three fingers pointing back at you. It is better to recognize
- Everything that annoys you mirrors something inside you. Rather than look outward for the solution, look inside to understand where that annoyance is coming from. That annoyance just maybe a lack of control. Which is a lack of self awareness.
- Self Awareness is the first step to the resolution of any problem. Similar to this and on a external level, is what is called situational awareness. Being aware of circumstance and environment. This too crafts your ability to resolve a problem.
- Man know thyself is the old blessing and warning. It is better to be a first rate version of yourself than a second rate version of someone else. By being yourself …to quote Dr. Seuss, you have to be odd to be number one. Being odd sets you apart. As long as it doesn’t set you up! Meditate on this.