Calvin Coolidge, to the Massachusetts State Senate,
January 7, 1914
The recent may 10 rally against Bill C-51in Toronto, Cananda. The Canadian governement is proposing a Nazi Germany style attack on Natural medicine for the benifit of Big Paharmaceutical companies and their complacent investors.
On April 8th 2008, Canadian Health Minister Tony who owned (and may still own) 25% of a Toronto-based chemical pharmaceutical company between the time he stopped being the Ontario Minister of Health and Long-Term Care (in 2003) and became the federal Minister of Health (in 2006), introduced Bill C51 into the House of Commons. This Bill proposes significant changes to the current Food and Drugs Act that will have wide-ranging negative implications for Canadians. Clement proposes changes within C-51 that will give Health Canada Agents the ability to act as judge, jury and executioner, with respect to the Natural Health Industry.
“This bill will allow relatively unqualified government employees to remove products from the market with little or no evidence of risk or harm. This along with the fact that they will be acting without a court sanctioned warrant will foster an ‘I don’t like you. You are out of business environment.’
a mental health support company,
While this decision has caused an uproar and has initiated numerous write in and call in campaigns to representatives in parliament, the Federal government has gone ahead full bore like all police states do and is allowing its agents to detain and even destroy assets including bank accounts, products and anything they deem to be related to your business. If this passes into law there will be no protection to the average Canadian who uses Natural Health Products as they will not have the means to afford a lawyer.
Canada being a subscriber to the Magna Carter and still a subject of the Queen, traditionally always had the rule of law. The rule of law is a firm belief in Europe and supercedes the whims of judges, lawyers and ..yes politicians, unlike the North American Union’s (NAU) belief in jurisprudence, where judges and politicians can pass laws over and beyond peoples rights. This means that it is now okay for the government to take your property without a warrant or without court supervision to prevent arbitrariness and abuse. According to C-51, to “protect” the people the state will seize your property without prior court approval, without clearly defined reasons for the seizure, without time limit, and without court supervision. The state can commit trespass on your property without any recourse. The innocent victims can be personally fined and jailed for corporate misdeeds.
The Federal health Minister, in the bill, has proposed scientific standards be removed as justification for market approvals and rejections. Once bill C51 become law, the opinion of the minister (or those he delegates) would be the governing factor in deciding who would be allowed to sell products in Canada ‘s Natural Health Industry.
Health Canada has already failed 54% of the applications of Natural Health Products processed to date. If it were to continue at this rate, the vast majority of health food stores would have to close as a result of a lack of product available to sell or be subject to fines of up to five million dollars for continuing to sell products not approved. This would perpetuate the problem and lead to even more companies pulling their products out of the Canadian market.
The abscence of Africans in Canada-though we know the media only pans the camara on us only when we do negetivity- is disturbing on many fronts. Africans all come from a place and culture where natural medicine is a tradition! And while many of us have abondoned the old time ways through cultural aversion for the expediency of “modern” medicine, there are still enough of us who frequent health food store, who still swear by the old time medicine, but who are not informed and prepared to challenge the system for producing a bill that would hurt us more than most others.
How can I say that you ask?
Well… many of these proposed banned subjects are either natural, or originated in Africa, the Caribbean, the lands south of the North American Union or in the south pacific…where the majority of African people come from and remain. Just like all governmental bill that takes away citizen rights, Africans eventually bear the brunt of the punishments meted out.
Many Canadians now depend on complex natural health products for their wellness yet pharmaceutical research methods cannot begin to establish a proof for these. It is the research inadequacy not the product safety that will make these illegal.
- You could break the law by giving your child the same natural health product you trust today.
- You cannot afford to grow old in a country without a thriving natural health industry to deliver health protection. The cost of the pharmaceutical drugs is too high and their actions inadequate and often dangerous.
- Many good Canadian companies will be forced to close because they cannot defend their products with the $millions required for pharmaceutical style research.
What Bill C-51 does is:
Remove democratic oversight, bypassing elected officials to vote in laws and allow bureaucrats to adopt laws from other countries without our consent.
Remove 70% of Natural Health Products from Canadians and many others will be available by prescription only.
Restrict research and development of safe natural alternatives in favour of high risk drugs.
Punish Canadians with little or no opportunity for protection or recourse for simply speaking about or giving a natural product without the approval of government. More than 70% of people in Canada use a Natural Health Product. The new law goes so far as to warrant action against a person who would give another person an “unapproved” amount of garlic on the recommendation that it would improve that person’s health.
Facts about Bill C-51:
- Warrantless search and Seizures with no need for scientific evidence of risk or harm.
- Tele-warrants to speed the process of entering homes. This may be used for homes which may contain Natural Health Products or information about the use of these products.
- Reduced safety measures for pharmaceutical drugs and post market surveillance to find out if the drugs are dangerous after they are being sold.
- Direct to consumer advertising which is currently illegal as it leads to the over prescribing of high risk medications.
Bill C-51 will allow the Canadian government agents to act like members of a police state by doing this:
- Allow Inspectors untrained in alternative medicine, or with no knowledge of natural healing, will enter private property without a warrant Section 23 (4)
- Allow Inspectors untrained in alternative medicine, or with no knowledge of natural healing, Confiscate your property at their discretion, at your cost Section 23.3 a
- Allow Inspectors untrained in alternative medicine, or with no knowledge of natural healing to dispose of your property at their discretion, at your cost Section 23.3 c
- Allow Inspectors untrained in alternative medicine, or with no knowledge of natural healing to seize your bank accounts without a warrant Section 23 (2) (d)
- Allow Inspectors untrained in alternative medicine, or with no knowledge of natural healing to charge you for shipping and storage of your property Section 23.3a-b
- Allow Inspectors untrained in alternative medicine, or with no knowledge of natural healing to store your property Indefinitely without paying you for damages Section 23 (2) (d)
- Allow Inspectors untrained in alternative medicine, or with no knowledge of natural healing to levy fines of up to $5,000,000.00 / 2 years in jail per offence
- Section 31.1
- Allow laws to be created in Canada, behind closed doors, with the assistance of foreign governments, industrial and trade organizations Section 30.7
- Allow “Crack house style” of enforcement on natural health providers Section 23.1
- Allow enforcement to be considered on more than 70% of Canadians who use NHP’s
- Allow the minister, based on opinion, to shut down research without any scientific reason or evidence of risk or harm Section 18.5
- Allow the minister, based on opinion, to allow or disallow market authorizations for Natural Health Products
Broken, stolen from, no assets nor bank account how will you defend yourself in court? Can you trust government with this new law and enforcement power? Would our government really ever turn this law against us?
The following is an account of the effect of C-51 as it affects the more vulnerable amongst us;
In 2003 Health Canada launched an attack on a group of mentally ill patients and the company who supported them naturally. They seized shipments of a safe natural therapy required by the patients and stormed the support center with 17 armed officers and agents. The company (Truehope) reported that they lost contact with more than 300 of their Canadian participants. The Canadian Mental Health Association told of suicides as a result of government action.
Health Canada then charged the not for profit company, burdening them with heavy legal costs. Truehope was found innocent by necessity and instructed by the judge to continue under legal and moral responsibility. Although the agents admitted knowing they were injuring people through their actions, they stated under oath they care only about policy and directive. And what happened to the more than 300 mentally ill Canadians that became unreachable? In the months and years following, reports of hospitalizations and suicides during the seizures have surfaced. No Health Canada agent has ever been charged.
Sherlock Holmes [Sir Arthur Conan Doyle,
“The Crooked Man,” Memories of Sherlock Holmes, 1892]